Our Activity - Draw, Write, Pass (medicine unit)
When in the Unit: The day before our assessment
- Students draw a disease from a box and draw an image of someone with the disease, NO labels or writing.
- Pass papers. Now, students write a sentence in the target language about the disease. They can describe the symptoms or identify it if they know it.
- Pass papers. Now, students will draw 3 remedies and draw them on the second half of the paper, NO labels or writing. I circled three times and had them draw a different remedy each time.
- Pass papers. Now, students will write a sentence about the correct remedy for the disease. If the remedy is present on the paper, they may circle it. If it isn't, they should do nothing.
- Pass papers. Now, students will label everything in the image. They may also edit or add to any of the writing.
- optional. If time, project/show the papers to the class. Discuss the disease in the target language and the symptoms. Then, go over the remedies and what the correct one is.
Here is a link to my full instructions and the resources I created for this activity.
Here are link to other types of activities like this. Check out these posts and descriptions!
- Round Table Discussion - Read, Write, Pass. (discussion by Miriam Patrick)
- Read, Write Draw, Pass
- Draw, Write Pass - discussion by John Piazza
I thought I'd include these too. They are a different kind of "pass", but I like them.
- Telephone Relay
- discussion by Rachel Ash (part of a larger post)
- (Sentence) Picture Relay
- Word Race Stories (discussion by Martina Bex)
- Running Dictation
What other relay/passing activities do you know? Comment below!