Activities with Readings
- Fan N Pick discussed by Martina Bex - I found this activity this morning and I cannot wait to give it a try!
- Story Tower discussed by Martina Bex - Also found this morning, this is the activity I ultimately decided to use. Look at my twitter for some pics later today!
- Story Wars discussed by Miriam Patrick, original from Diane Neubauer - I love this activity to spice up a reading!
- Picture Relay Races discussed by Rachel Ash
- Seek and Find discussed by Rachel Ash - I love the variations on this!
Activities with Vocabulary
- Draw, Discuss, and Read discussed by Miriam Patrick
- In my hat described by Miriam Patrick - We haven't discussed this original activity as it is. There is a variation on this, the white elephant activity, which is linked below.
- White Elephant described by Rachel Ash and Justin Slocum Bailey
- TPR in the First ten discussed by Miriam Patrick with resources from Latin Best Practices
- One Sentences Stories discussed by Miriam Patrick and Two Sentence Horror Stories discussed by Rachel - both of these ideas were snagged from other places. My idea came from ideas for English/Literature classes and Rachel's idea came from a Reddit thread.
- One Word Picture discussed by Keith Toda
- Movie Talks/Movie Shorts discussed by Miriam Patrick (secondary post)
Activities with Personalisation (PQA and untargeted types)
- Discipulus Illustris (student interviews) discussed by Miriam Patrick with links to Bryce Hedstrom's original ideas and other follow up posts.
- Free Voluntary Reading discussed by Miriam Patrick (expect an update post later this year)
- Roll A Write discussed by Miriam Patrick
This list is by no means exhaustive and I am always searching for new ideas. Share them in the comments below!